Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hope for Today

The blessings of having a child with disability is the variety your day holds.  You never know if that morning will bring an illness;  an allergic reaction;  a new symptom;  another doctor's visit;  another hour on hold with the doctor's office, or maybe even a new doctor!  


Yes, that is sarcasm.


The true blessing in this chaos is learning to trust each day to God's hand.


Recently I became quite agitated - okay, mad - when my well thought-out plans were not going to materialize.  I just wanted to have some say over my day, my week, my month.


It was not to be.


God says in James 14:13-15


  "Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city. We will spend a year there. We will buy and sell and make money."  You don't even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? It is a mist that appears for a little while. Then it disappears.  Instead, you should say, "If it pleases the Lord, we will live and do this or that."


Lord, I'm trying!  I really am.  To leave each day to your will.  


How beautiful to know He does not give up on us!  Ever!


That is my Hope today.  And we all need a little Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment