Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting Ready

I am always amazed at the peace God gives.

And I am equally thankful for that peace.

One of the hardest things to do is help your child on an operating table and after they fall asleep, leave the room.  The walk down that hallway is long and cold.  You feel like a horrible parent - abandoning your child.

How wonderful to know that God has not left them!  He has never walked away from them - nor from you.

Tomorrow morning I will make that walk again.  But not alone.

Never alone.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog via the Circle of Moms Top 25 Faith Blogs. Though we don't follow the same faith, I was so moved by your blog and your story that I had to comment. I'm keeping you in my prayers tomorrow and after for a quick recovery.

    Many blessings to you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you now. Right now...
    This brought back memories for me...of walking hospital halls with Him.
    Will check back soon to see how the surgery went...the post below this one hit me hard...it's one thing when they are so little and don't understand...it must be a whole different pain when they are older and do understand and have their own battle of fear within. Praying for your daughter as well.
    Love,
    K

    ReplyDelete